~Paving Projects Totaling $1.4 Million Begin This Month~
The City of Richmond Department of Public Works announced the continuation of city paving projects to take place throughout the month of October and into November. Paving work totaling $1.4 million, which begins on Tuesday, October 16, is in accord with the City Administration’s commitment to improving the city’s infrastructure. Mayor Dwight C. Jones announced an aggressive infrastructure improvement effort in 2010 to repave 25 percent of neighborhood streets over a five year period. The following projects should be completed by the end of November. The project areas are:
- October 16, Williamsburg Road between Hatcher Street and the eastern City limits
- October 20, East Richmond Road between Oakwood Avenue and the eastern City limits
- October 22, Belt Boulevard between Hull Street and Broad Rock Boulevard
- October 24, Cowardin Avenue between Riverside Drive and Decatur Street
- November 1, Hull Street between Jefferson Davis Highway and Belt Boulevard
There may be intermittent lane closures in the work zones and motorists are encouraged to use caution when driving through these areas.
The above scheduled dates may change during inclement weather. To learn more about City services and programs, please visit, www.RichmondGov.com.