Fire Station 20 Undergoing Renovations
Fire Station 20, 4715 Forest Hill Avenue, is currently closed for extensive building renovations. As a result, all station operations have moved to Fire Station 17, 2211 Semmes Avenue. This action will have minimal effect on service delivery to the fire district serviced. The building renovations are projected for completion in April 2017 at which time normal operations will resume.
A few of the Fire Station 20 renovation highlights include:
- Exterior wall, window and concrete ramp repair
- Addition of public access area and bathroom
- Safety storage area for firefighter turnout gear
- Employee health and fitness area
- Added privacy in employee bathrooms
- New fire alarm notification system
In addition to the three fire station renovations, the Jones Administration also completed construction of the new LEED Silver Fire Station 17 in 2012 at a cost of $5,170,109.